In this day and age, you need to monitor your reputation. You need to know when someone is saying something good about you, and more importantly, when someone is saying something bad about you. Google has a service that will let you monitor your reputation. Google will alert you when someone mentions your name online. This service is conveniently called Google Alerts and is available at no charge. You should start using Google Alerts today.
You can visit http://alerts.google.com and create an account. I used my existing Gmail account when creating my Google Alerts.
For example, I have Google Alerts for my name, Mark Anthony Germanos. I programmed Google Alerts to send me an e-mail once a day listing any web pages that mentioned my name. An alert could be something positive, like “Mark Anthony Germanos helped me understand A/B tests this morning” or it could be something negative, like “Mark Anthony Germanos drives like a monster.” Regardless, I want to know. So should you.
You can also monitor your company name, your product name, your industry or your targeted keywords. I have a Google Alert for the key phrase Sacramento SEO. Whenever someone publishes something online and
uses the phrase “Sacramento SEO,” I receive a Google Alert. Most of the alerts happen because I target that key phrase. Some of them happen because my competitors also target Sacramento SEO as a key phrase.
Getting up and running with Google Alerts is pretty easy. Here are the easy steps to set up some Alerts on your key phrases. Let’s get started. Here’s how:
- Go to http://alerts.google.com.
- Click “Sign In” in the upper right hand corner.
- Sign in or create a new account.
- Click the “Create a New Alert” button.
- Type in a Search Query. This is the key phrase that you are targeting. It could also be your name, company name or product name.
- Choose a Result type. I always choose “Everything.”
- Choose “How often” you want to receive Alerts. You can vary from once a week to As-it-happens. The more sensitive the key phrase, the more often you would probably want the Alerts. On the flip side, this could flood your e-mail in box if you choose a popular key phrase and send Alerts as they occur.
- Choose “How many” by choosing either “Only the best results” or “All results.”
- Choose where Google should deliver the Alerts. In the “Deliver to:” pop up, choose either your e-mail address or a Feed. You can use Google Reader, which is also available at no cost, or fill in a Feed reader that you prefer. A Feed reader functions like a Table of Contents. It shows you all the articles from multiple sources that meet your interest. A Feed reader is a big time saver.
- Click the “Create Alert” button.
- You can create another Alert by following these steps.
You need to know when someone is saying something good about you, and more importantly, when someone is saying something bad about you. Google Alerts is you no cost solution to make that happen. Create an Alert for your name today.
Mark Anthony Germanos uses Internet tools to help your ideal customers find you, your products and your services.
"Yes yes yes," you may say, "there are a lot of Internet marketing guys out there. How do I know Mark’s Internet marketing ideas work"? Mark uses SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, to help his clients get on page 1 and attract more business. Mark’s Sacramento SEO Gold package includes creating a 6,000 word document with abundant content for your online presence. Sacramento SEO Gold will not produce instant gratification, but Sacramento SEO Gold works, gets people on page 1 and creates long-term benefits.
Google "Sacramento IT solutions" or "Sacramento cloud computing" to see Mark’s Sacramento SEO strategies in action. Mark is available at 530-677-8864 and at http://bit.ly/Jk50ds.
Mark Anthony Germanos is the President of Cameron Park Computer Services, a premier Sacramento IT company providing Internet marketing, IT services, IT solutions and IT support. Mark has been in the IT service and IT support business since 1992. Does your IT company offer IT services, IT support, SEO solutions that work and CloudU certified staff that can provide today’s IT solutions at affordable prices”? We do.
Running a successful business isn’t as easy as it used to be. The margin of error is smaller. Contract out your SEO and Internet marketing to an IT solutions provider you can hold accountable and who gets results. Call 530-677-8864 today.