June: Wrap up loose ends
· Find a small-business-owner support group in your area.
· Find small business advocates online. In addition to my Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter connections, I have found Wall Street Journal Small Biz at Twitter. Subscribe to this list. You can also connect with me at these three sites.
· Filter the negatives. You’re starting a business here—it is no easy task. Filter negative news from your life. This includes the nightly network news, political talk shows, and useless sitcoms. You can find intelligent and positive sources of information both online and on TV. This will be a tough habit. Be strong.
· With at least two-week’s notice, tell your boss you will be leaving the company. Be strong. Do not accept any counteroffers.
· Do not go to the bar with your coworkers.
From Escape the Cubicle